Friday, October 31, 2008

Great Inspiration

This weekend was one of the most wonderful things I have ever participated in. My sister decided that we should surprise our parents for their 24th wedding anniversary. She did most of the planning I was just second in command covering the home front while she took care of the details. My sister is better at these things anyways. But anyways my sister came home from New York after moving out about 6 months ago to start her new life. Then we gathered the our huge family well a small portion of them and some friends to surprise them at a restaurant. It was amazing to see the looks on their faces especially when they saw Ate Lizzie and the Family. My mom cried of course and my dad a man who usually shows no emotion but anger or frustration admitted that he did cry a little.

It didn't end at the restaurant, we had an after party at our house and had more food. But my sister and I had one last surprise, we had a priest come to our house to perform a mass and to bless my parents for their anniversary. Mom and Dad got all decked out in a dress and barong and all. To see how happy they were and proud of me and my sister just filled my heart with amazement. I can not believe that we pulled it off, my whole family had to keep this a secret especially my sister coming home a secret since July. I can not believe it and this whole week afterwards I am still in shock. I love my family especially my parents and I am glad my sister had me help out with this. I am extremely grateful for everything they have giving me especially life. My parents spoil me but make me work for everything in the process. I can only pray that I can have such a fruitful life like my parents do filled with love from my children and my relatives.

No comments: